1. Doğan, Mehmet Ali. “Evangelizing “the Jews”: Western Missionaries and their Encounters with the Sabbatean/Dönme Community in the Ottoman Empire,” International Journal of Turcologia 9:18 (Autumn 2014): 65-82.
2. Doğan, Mehmet Ali and Heather J. Sharkey (eds.). American Missionaries and the Middle East: Foundational Encounters (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 2011).
3. Murre-van den Berg, H. L. (ed.). New Faith in Ancient Lands: Western Missions in the Middle East in the Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries (Leiden: Brill, 2006).
4. Tejirian, Eleanor Harvey and Reeva Spector Simon (eds.). Altruism and Imperialism: Western Cultural and Religious Missions in the Middle East (New York: Middle East Institute, Columbia University, 2002).
5. Doumato, Eleanor Abdella. “An ‘Extra Legible Illustration’ of the Christian Faith: Medicine, Medical Ethics and Missionaries in the Arabian Gulf,” Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations 13:4 (October 2002): 377-390.
6. Cragg, Kenneth. “Being Made Disciples, the Middle East,” in Kevin Ward and Brian Stanley (eds.) The Church Mission Society and World Christianity, 1799-1999 (Grand Rapids: W.B. Eerdmans, 2000).
7. Smith, Jane I. “Christian Missionary Views of Islam in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries,” Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations 9:3 (1998): 357-373.
8. Makdisi, Ussama. “Reclaiming the Land of the Bible: Missionaries, Secularism, and Evangelical Modernity,” The American Historical Review 102:3 (June 1997): 680-713.
9. Akgün, Seçil Karal. “Mormon Missionaries in the Ottoman Empire,” Turcica, vol.28 (1996): 347-358.