|EKECTRONIC CIRCUITS I||ELE 203||3||3 + 2||4||5|
|Ön Koşul Dersleri|
|Önerilen Seçmeli Dersler|
Prof.Dr. ALİ FUAT BOZ
|Dersin Yardımcıları||Res.Assist. Sezgin KAÇAR, Res.Assist. Akif AKGÜL|
Giving students an understanding of Semiconductor theory, features of semiconductors, and their characteristics. Helping students to design diode application circuits, BJT bias circuits, and their application circuits. Helping them to model a BJT,and analyze small and large signal BJT amplifiers and cascade connected amplifiers.
1. Conductor, insulator, semiconductor principles; atomic construction, electron, hall, conduction theory on semiconductors, energy levels.
2. P-N junctions, depletion region, semiconductor diode constructions, working principles, diode equivalent circuits, diode characteristics and currents. Zener diode, led, schottky diode, PIN diode, varicap diode, tunnel diode constructions and working principles.
3. Full wave, half wave, bridge type rectifiers, and clampers. Designing clippers, voltage doublers and logic gates by using diodes. Designing regulators and filter circuits using Zener diodes.
4. PNP and NPN junctions, BJT principles, amplifying actions on common base, collector and emitter connections, input and output characteristics, and current gains.
5. BJT bias circuits, stability of bias circuits, comparison of different bias circuits. Designing quiescent points for BJT amplifier circuits. Regulator circuits with BJT, current limiting circuits, short circuit protections, darlington connection.
6. Large signal analysis on BJTs, Ebers-Moll models and equations. Small signal models of BJTs; obtaining of re and hybrid models. Small signal analysis of BJT amplifiers, current, voltage gains, input and output impedances. Small signal analysis of cascade connected BJT amplifiers.
|Dersin Öğrenme Çıktıları||Öğretim Yöntemleri||Ölçme Yöntemleri|
|1 - An ability to explain semiconductor theory, P and N type semiconductors.||1 - 2 - 3 -||B - C -|
|2 - An ability to explain kind of diodes, their constructions, characteristics and working principle of diode application circuits.||1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 13 -||B - C -|
|3 - An ability to design various diode application circuits.||1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 15 -||A - B - C - D -|
|4 - An ability to explain construction of BJT, input and output characteristics.||1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 13 -||B - C -|
|5 - An ability to analyze DC bias circuits of BJT amplifiers.||1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 15 -||A - B - C - D -|
|6 - An ability to analyze small and large signal analysis of BJT amplifiers.||1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 15 -||A - B - C - D -|
|Öğretim Yöntemleri:||1:Lecture 2:Question-Answer 3:Discussion 5:Demonstration 13:Lab / Workshop 8:Group Study 15:Problem Solving|
|Ölçme Yöntemleri:||B:Oral Exam C:Homework A:Testing D:Project / Design|
|1||Conductor, insulator, semiconductor principles; atomic construction, electron, hall, conduction theory on semiconductors, energy levels.|
|2||P-N junctions, depletion region, semiconductor diode constructions, working principles, diode equivalent circuits, diode characteristics and currents|
|3||Zener diode, led, schottky diode, PIN diode, varikap diode, tunnel diode constructions and working principles|
|4||Full wave, half wave, bridge type rectifiers, clampers|
|5||Designing clippers, voltage doublers and logic gates by using diodes|
|6||Designing regulators and filter circuits using Zener diodes|
|7||PNP and NPN junctions, BJT principles, amplifying actions on common base, collector and emitter connections, input and output characteristics, and current gains.|
|8||Large signal analysis on BJTs, Ebers-Moll models and equations|
|9||Different bias circuits, stability of bias circuits, comparison of different bias circuits|
|10||Designing quiescent points. Designing regulator circuits using BJTs, current limiting, short circuits protections, darlington connection|
|11||Small signal models of BJTs; obtaining of re and hybrid models|
|12||Small signal analysis of BJT amplifiers, current, voltage gains, input and output impedances|
|13||Small signal analysis of BJT amplifiers, current, voltage gains, input and output impedances|
|14||Small signal analysis of cascade connected BJT amplifiers|
Dersin Program Çıktılarına Katkısı
|No||Program Öğrenme Çıktıları||KatkıDüzeyi|
|1||To have latest knowledge and skills intended for research and practice in electronic technology||X|
|2||To utilize equipments and instruments used in electronic technology||X|
|3||To develop curriculum related to electronic technology and have a skill to transfer those accumulation by oral and written way||X|
|4||To have knowledge and skills for planning, designing and managing procedures independently or in cooperation||X|
|5||To have an open mind to ethic auditing and positive criticism, and have a constructive and interpreting attitude against scientific and social problems||X|
|6||To disseminate and realize the environmental awareness|
|7||To cooperate with social organizations and the society|
|8||To contribute to the education of people who work under his/her responsibility and to manage some activities for their vocational careers and social rights|
|9||To appropriate self learning and life- long learning principles|
|10||To congregate in national or international scale to see individual applications on the premises and to perform some activities and mobility for professional advancement in electronic technology|
|YARIYIL İÇİ ÇALIŞMALARI||SIRA||KATKI YÜZDESİ|
|Yıliçinin Başarıya Oranı||50|
|Finalin Başarıya Oranı||50|
AKTS - İş Yükü
|Etkinlik||Sayısı||Süresi(Saat)||Toplam İş yükü(Saat)|
|Course Duration (Including the exam week: 16x Total course hours)||16||3||48|
|Hours for off-the-classroom study (Pre-study, practice)||16||3||48|
|Performance Task (Laboratory)||3||4||12|
|Toplam İş Yükü||123|
|Toplam İş Yükü /25(s)||4.92|
|Dersin AKTS Kredisi||4.92|