|Ders Adı||Kodu||Yarıyıl||T+U Saat||Kredi||AKTS|
|Introductıon To Integrated Informatıon Systems||YBS 356||6||2 + 0||2||5|
|Ön Koşul Dersleri|
|Önerilen Seçmeli Dersler|
|Dersin Koordinatörü||Doç.Dr. ADEM AKBIYIK|
|Dersin Kategorisi||Alanına Uygun Öğretim|
Enterprise resource planning is a critical issue for businesses that needs to be addressed in a strategic dimension. In this course, by presenting basic information about enterprise resource planning software developed as integrated systems; The determination of the system, its installation, its transition to live, its impact on business processes, its security and its use as a service will be discussed.
- To learn about ERP systems and their evolution, components and architecture. Learning about the advantages and disadvantages of implementing ERP systems and how they can help an organization increase its efficiency and employee productivity.
- To learn what system integration is and why it is important for organizations. To understand the role of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems in System Integration.
- Examining enterprise system modules and architecture in detail. To understand the effects of a well-designed architecture on the ERP implementation. To learn the various types of ERP architectures and the advantages and disadvantages of the related architecture.
- Understanding the system development lifecycle (SDLC) and ERP application lifecycle. Comparing and evaluating SDLC and ERP lifecycles. Examine the role of people such as senior management, consultants and subject matter experts (SMEs) in the ERP lifecycle.
- Installation approaches; understand the short- and long-term effects on the system and the company. The process of installing an ERP; examines the impact on platform components such as data security, system reliability and maintainability.
- Understand the first steps in the successful acquisition and implementation of an ERP system. Defining the steps to be taken in a contract negotiation with a vendor.
- To learn all the components and preparation process for a successful "Go Live". Understanding what is involved in stabilizing the system after "Go Live", issues and how to monitor and fix issues on a daily basis. To understand the process of transferring information to operational personnel and its importance to long-term system success. To understand the importance of training before and after "Go Live".
- Understanding the difference between program management and project management. Identifying the project management office (PMO) and areas that need to be addressed in an ERP implementation. To identify critical success factors in an ERP implementation.
- Understand how ERP systems are implemented, including business process reengineering (BPR) and "best practices". Developing an awareness of the Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) to examine how it is used to evaluate an organization's ability to successfully implement an ERP system. Introduce business process management (BPM) and examine its relationship with BPR.
- Identifying various components for system security. Examine the processes of security planning, testing and readiness when the “Go Live” of ERP implementation takes place. Identifying ethical and legal issues related to ERP systems and practices and how to protect company assets.
- To learn Cloud Computing systems and its evolution, components and architecture. Learn about outsourcing, especially the Software as a Service (SaaS) model, along with its commercial and cultural implications.
|#||Ders Öğrenme Çıktıları||Öğretim Yöntemleri||Ölçme Yöntemleri|
|1||Understanding information systems evolution and the historical role of organizations leading to systems integration and ultimately Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).||Lecture, Question-Answer, Discussion,||Oral Exam, Testing, Performance Task,|
|2||To learn about ERP systems and its evolution, components and architecture.||Discussion, Question-Answer, Lecture,||Performance Task, Testing, Oral Exam,|
|3||Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of implementing ERP systems and how they can help an organization increase its efficiency and employee productivity.||Discussion, Question-Answer, Lecture,||Performance Task, Testing, Oral Exam,|
|4||An overview of the implementation process (eg ERP lifecycle, project management and change management). Understanding the role of staff, suppliers, consultants and the organization in making the ERP implementation process successful.||Discussion, Question-Answer, Lecture,||Performance Task, Testing, Oral Exam,|
|5||Learn ethical, global and security challenges to get an overview of ERP providers and industry trends when implementing an ERP system.||Discussion, Question-Answer, Lecture,||Performance Task, Testing, Oral Exam,|
|Hafta||Ders Konuları||Ön Hazırlık|
|1||Introduction to Enterprise Resource Planning|
|3||Enterprise System Architecture|
|4||Software Development Lifecycle|
|5||System Setup Strategies|
|6||Software and Supplier Selection|
|7||Operating the System and Post-Installation Operations|
|9||Program and Project Management|
|10||Institutional Change and Restructuring of Business Processes|
|11||Enterprise Software Security|
|12||Cloud Computing and Outsourcing|
|13||Current Industry Practices I|
|14||Current Industry Practices II|
|Ders Notu||<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; line-height: 107%; font-family: 'Segoe UI',sans-serif; color: black;">14-week course notes will be uploaded to the system before each lesson</span></p>|
Enterprise Systems for Management (2nd Edition) Luvai F. Motiwalla & Jeff Thompson
Enterprise Resource Planning (Pearson New International Edition) Mary Sumner
|Sıra||Program Çıktıları||Katkı Düzeyi|
|1||Our students will have fundamental knowledge in business administration.||X|
|2||Our students will be able to work in teams, and share information with team members in tasks of business administration||X|
|3||Our students will identify and analyse problems to offer solutions in tasks of business administration.||X|
|4||Our students will participate in projects about business administration process and tasks.||X|
|5||Our students will accept responsibility in order to conclude tasks of business administration.||X|
|6||Our students will define ethical problems in work environment and generate solutions.||X|
|7||Our students can transfer their knowledge and suggestions with technology supported tools and written communication skills.|
|8||Our students can transfer their knowledge and suggestions by written and verbal communication skills.||X|
|Yarıyıl Çalışmaları||Katkı Oranı|
|1. Ara Sınav||50|
|1. Performans Görevi (Seminer)||10|
|1. Sözlü Sınav||10|
|1. Kısa Sınav||30|
|1. Yıl İçinin Başarıya||50|
|AKTS - İş Yükü Etkinlik||Sayı||Süre (Saat)||Toplam İş Yükü (Saat)|
|Course Duration (Including the exam week: 16x Total course hours)||16||2||32|
|Hours for off-the-classroom study (Pre-study, practice)||16||2||32|
|Performance Task (Seminar)||1||16||16|
|Toplam İş Yükü||114|
|Toplam İş Yükü / 25 (Saat)||4,56|
|Dersin AKTS Kredisi||5|