|CHALLANGES AND POLITICS IN CENTRAL ASIA AND TRANSCAUCASIA||ULI 456||8||3 + 0||3||5|
|Ön Koşul Dersleri|
|Önerilen Seçmeli Dersler|
Arş.Gör. AYLA AKDOĞAN
|Dersin Kategorisi||Alanına Uygun Öğretim|
Examine challanges and politics in Cenrtal Asia and Transcaucasia.
The decline and stability of states, democratization, the fight against corruption, armament, conflict, intervention, their policies on human rights, security, energy, trade, environment, water and climate change constitute the content of this seminar.
|Dersin Öğrenme Çıktıları||Öğretim Yöntemleri||Ölçme Yöntemleri|
|1 -||2 - 3 - 10 - 14 -||B - C - F -|
|2 -||2 - 3 - 10 - 14 -||B - C - F -|
|3 -||2 - 3 - 10 - 14 -||B - C - F -|
|Öğretim Yöntemleri:||2:Question-Answer 3:Discussion 10:Brain Storming 14:Self Study|
|Ölçme Yöntemleri:||B:Oral Exam C:Homework F:Performance Task|
1. Michael Kort, Central Asian Republics, New York: Facts on File, Inc., 2004, pp. 3-16 (Chapter 1-6).
2. Roger D. Kangas, “State-building and Civil Society in Central Asia,” in Vladimir Tismeneanu (ed.) Political Culture and Civil Society in Russia and the New States of Eurasia, New York: M. E. Sharpe Inc., 1995, pp. 271-91 (Chapter 10).
3. Patricia M. Carley, “The Legacy of Soviet Political System and the Prospects for Developing Civil Society in Central Asia,” in Vladimir Tismeneanu (ed.) Political Culture and Civil Society in Russia and the New States of Eurasia, New York: M. E. Sharpe Inc., 1995, pp. 292-317 (Chapter 11).
4. Stephan White, “Rethinking Postcommunist Transition,” Government and Opposition, 2003, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp.417-135.
5. David C. Brooker, “How They Leave: A Comparison of How the First Presidents of the Soviet Successor States Left Office,” Journal of Communist Studies and Transition Politics,” 2004, Vol: 20, No: 4, pp. 61-78.
6. Michael Rywkin, Moscow’s Muslim Challenge, New York: M. E. Sharpe, 1990, pp. 44-57 (Chapter 4 and 8).
7. Tom Everett-Heath, “Instability and Identity in A Post-Soviet World: Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan,” in Central Asia: Aspects of Transition, Tom Everett-Heath (ed.) London: RoutledgeCurzon, 2003, pp.181-204 (Chapter 10).
8. Erica Marat, The Military and the State in Central Asia: From Red Army to Independence, New York: Routledge, 2010, pp. 81-115 (Chapter 4).
Dersin Program Çıktılarına Katkısı
|No||Program Öğrenme Çıktıları||KatkıDüzeyi|
|1||To research the functions, basic concepts and features of the international system; to learn the basic knowledge about the sub-topics of the international relations discipline.||X|
|2||Analyzing the developments in the political history of the world within the context of the cause-effect relations.||X|
|3||To improve the foreign language skills.||X|
|4||To analyze the Turkey´s foreign policy comprehensively in the cause-effect relations.||X|
|5||To analyze the theoretical approaches to the foreign policy analysis and the functions of the decision-making process.||X|
|6||To learn theoretical and methodological thinking and to observe the events from this framework||X|
|7||To analyze the social developments and conditions comparatively||X|
|8||To learn the basic principles and the issues of international law|
|9||To examine the theories of International Relations and to learn looking at international developments within the theoretical framework||X|
|10||To analyze the Turkey´s political life historically and chronologically|
|11||To learn the functions and the basic principles of domestic law|
|12||To analyze the establishment, structure and functions of international and regional organizations and their impact on the World politics||X|
|13||To analyze the reasons and solution models of the intra-state conflicts through examples||X|
|14||To research the issues of international security and the theoretical approaches relating to this field||X|
|15||To examine the events, occurring in the international system, within the theoretical perspective comparatively||X|
|16||To improve the analytical thinking skills about the international events||X|
|17||To learn the basic concepts and theories of Economics, Sociology, Political Science and other disciplines||X|
|18||To research the ideas of philosophers/thinkers who built the philosophical foundations of political science and to examine the contribution of these philosophical ideas to the disciplines of Political Science and International Relations|
|19||To gain basic computer skills||X|
|20||To gain the ability of planning, performing and composing of the scientific study individually||X|
|YARIYIL İÇİ ÇALIŞMALARI||SIRA||KATKI YÜZDESİ|
|Yıliçinin Başarıya Oranı||50|
|Finalin Başarıya Oranı||50|