|CRITICAL GEOPOLITICS||ULI 533||0||3 + 0||3||6|
|Ön Koşul Dersleri|
|Önerilen Seçmeli Dersler|
|Dersin Seviyesi||Yüksek Lisans|
Doç.Dr. OSAMA AMOUR
|Dersin Yardımcıları||Ahmet Biçer|
1. To analyse and examine the concepts of critical geopolitics
2. To analyse and examine the theories and debates that surround these concepts
3. To acquaint students with the most important literature on these subjects
4. To locate this literature in its appropriate historical context
5. To develop students´ ability to think cogently, rigorously and critically about the political causes, consequences and discourse of contemporary geopolitics
Geopolitics has been a feature of international political discourse since the era of high imperialism and colonialism dating back to the 19th century. This module provides a genealogy of geopolitics with a particular emphasis on the rehabilitation of geopolitics from its imperial and colonial associations. It also explores the interdisciplinary nature of contemporary geopolitical thought.
|Dersin Öğrenme Çıktıları||Öğretim Yöntemleri||Ölçme Yöntemleri|
|2||Critical methodologies and geopolitics||8,9,10 (See Source)|
|3||Int. to Classical Geopolitics||1,2,3 (See Sources)|
|4||Imperialism and Classical Geopolitical Perspective||4,5, (See Sources)|
|5||Ideological Geopolitics||6, 7 (See Sources)|
|6||Foreign Policy, Security and Discourse Analyses in Geopolitics||11, 12 (See Sources)|
|8||Geopolitics and Identity||15 (See Sources)|
|9||Postcolonial Geopolitics||21 (See Sources)|
|10||Popular Culture, Media and Geopolitics||18, 19 (See Sources)|
|11||9/11, Geopolitics and Terror||19, 20 (See Sources)|
|12||Geopolitical Culture: USA||20 (See Sources)|
|13||Geopolitical Culture: Europe||21 (See Sources)|
|14||Geopolitivcal Culture: Turkey||23, 24, 25 (See Sources)|
1. John Agnew, Geopolitics: Revisioning World Politics, Routledge, 1998
2. Gearóid Ó Tuathail, Simon Dalby and Paul Routledge, The Geopolitics Reader, Routledge, 2006.
3. David Atkinson and Klaus Dodds, Geopolitical Traditions: Critical Histories of a Century of Geopolitical Thought: Critical Histories of a Century of Political Thought, Routledge, 2000, Bölüm 1
4. H.J. Mackinder, ?The Geographical Pivot of History,? The geographical Journal (Vol. 23, No. 4, 1904), 421-437.
5. Gerry Kearns, Geopolitics and Empire (Oxford), 2011
6. Patrick Thaddeus Jackson, Civilizing the Enemy: German Reconstruction and the Invention of the West (Michigan, 2006)
7. Simon Dalby, Creating Second World War: The Discourse of Politics, The Guilford Press, 1990
8. G. Ó Tuathail (1999) Understanding Critical Geopolitics: Geopolitics and Risk Society in Geography, Geopolitics and Strategy, eds. Geoffrey Sloan and Colin Gray. London: Frank Cass, 1999.
9. Gearóid Ó Tuathail. Critical Geopolitics: The Politics of Writing Global Space. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 1996.
10. S Dalby, G. Ó Tuathail (1994) The Critical Geopolitics Constellation: Problematizing Fusions of Geographical Knowledge and Power. Co-editors introduction to the special issue on Critical Geopolitics, Political Geography. 15, 451-456.4.
11. David Campbell, Writing Security, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, 1998.
12. Lene Hansen, Security as Practice: Discourse Analysis and the Bosnian War, Routledge, 2006.
13. Patrick Thaddeus Jackson, Civilizing the Enemy: German Reconstruction and the Invention of the West (Michigan, 2006)
14. Derek Gregory, The Colonial Present: Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq(Blackwell, 2004)
15. Reviews of Gregory?s Colonial Present from Political Geography
16. Jason Dittmer, Popular Culture and Geopolitics: Popular Culture, Geopolitics, and Identity (Human Geography in the New Millennium), 2011.
17. Michael J. Shapiro, Cinematic Geopolitics, Routledge, 2008.
18. Dalby, S. (2004). Calling 911: Geopolitics, security and America?s new war. In: Brunn, S. (ed.) 11 September and its aftermath: the geopolitics of terror. London: Frank Cass, pp. 61?86.
19. Pain, Rachel & Smith, Susan, Fear: Critical Geopolitics and Everyday Life. (Ashgate, 2008).
20. Dan Deudney, Bounding Power (Princeton University Press, 2008)
21. David Atkinson and Klaus Dodds, Geopolitical Traditions: Critical Histories of a Century of Geopolitical Thought: Critical Histories of a Century of Political Thought, Routledge, 2000
22. Ahmet Davutoğlu, Stratejik Derinlik: Türkiye?nin Uluslararası Konumu, Küre Yayınları, 2001.
23. Pınar Bilgin, ?Türkiye Coğrafyasında Yalnız Güçlü Devletler Ayakta Kalabilir?: Jeopolitik Gerçeklerin Türkiye?deki Kullanımları?, Evren Balta Paker ve Ġsmet Akça (Ed.), Türkiye‟de Ordu, Devlet ve Güvenlik Siyaseti içinde, İstanbul: Bilgi Üniversitesi Yayınları, 2010
24. Lerna Yanık, ?Constructing Turkish ?Exceptionalism?: Discourses of Liminality and Hybridity in Turkish Foreign Policy?, Political Geography, Cilt. 30, Sayı: 2, 2011, ss. 80-89.
Dersin Program Çıktılarına Katkısı
|No||Program Öğrenme Çıktıları||KatkıDüzeyi|
|1||Having and using advanced knowledge and comprehension supported by textbooks including actual knowledge in international relations literature, materials and the other scientific resources|
|2||Analyzing data, ideas and concepts of foreign policy and international relations, determining complex events and topics, making discussions and developing new suggestions in accordance with researches|
|3||Having knowledge and thought about actual topics and problems together with their historical, social and cultural aspects|
|4||Introducing those who are interested in international events with the topics of international relations and teaching clearly the problems of international relations and the types of solutions|
|5||Having the skills to take initiatives, capacity for team-working and open-minded|
|6||Using Turkish well, having a good written and oral communication and also having ability of empathy|
|7||Having skill to improve career in the jobs such as attaché and ambassador|
|8||Having the skill about methods and techniques in reaching knowledge|
|9||Having conscious about professional and scientific ethics|
|10||Accessing, examining and elucidating with scientific methods to the knowledge of international relations and expanding literature about international relations|
|YARIYIL İÇİ ÇALIŞMALARI||SIRA||KATKI YÜZDESİ|
|Yıliçinin Başarıya Oranı||40|
|Finalin Başarıya Oranı||60|