|WORLD ENGLISHES||ELT 511||0||3 + 0||3||6|
|Ön Koşul Dersleri|
|Önerilen Seçmeli Dersler|
|Dersin Seviyesi||Yüksek Lisans|
Dr.Öğr.Üyesi SAAD ALYAMAM WAFAI BAAJ
|Dersin Yardımcıları||Res. Asist. Merve SAVAŞÇI|
English is now a globalised phenomenon and English is now used by diverse speakers from
different linguistic and cultural backgrounds around the globe. The main objective of this course is to explore the theoretical, descriptive and applied interest in the spread of English. It begins with an exploration of the theoretical implications, including a focus on speakers of the language and the implications of this global spread.
|Dersin Öğrenme Çıktıları||Öğretim Yöntemleri||Ölçme Yöntemleri|
|1 - The learners increase their awareness of Englih today and tomorrow.||1 - 8 - 10 -||A - C - F -|
|2 - The learners become aware of different accents of English||1 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 10 -||A - C - F -|
|3 - The learners study the attitudes of English language teachers teaching EFL||1 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 10 -||A - C - F -|
|4 - The learners study identity issue and conflict||1 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 8 - 14 -||A - C - F -|
|Öğretim Yöntemleri:||1:Lecture 3:Discussion 5:Demonstration 8:Group Study 10:Brain Storming 4:Drilland Practice 14:Self Study|
|Ölçme Yöntemleri:||A:Testing C:Homework F:Performance Task|
|1||Introduction and Orientation|
|2||The History of English||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch1|
|3||Language change and variation||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch2|
|4||English as a global language: issues and attitudes||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch3|
|5||Variation in native Englishes||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch4|
|6||The new Englishes||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch5|
|7||English in Global Contexts||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch6|
|9||English as a Lingua Franca||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch7|
|10||Attitudes to English and English as a Lingua Franca||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch8|
|11||English language teaching||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch9|
|12||The future of English as a Global language||Galloway, N. & Rose, H. (2014). Ch10|
|13||Student Paper Presentations|
|14||Student Paper Presentations|
|Ders Notu||Nicola Galloway & Heath Rose. (2014). Introducing Global Englishes. Routledge|
1. Kuo, I. (2006). Addressing the issue of teaching English as a lingua franca. ELT Journal, 60, 213-221.
2. Kuo, I. (2007). A response to Cem Alptekin. ELT Journal, 61, 269-271.
3. Ranta, E. (2010). English in the real world versus English at school: Finnish English teachers´ and students´ views. International Journal of Applied Linguistics, 20, 156-177.
4. Seidlhofer, B. (2004). Research perspectives on teaching English as a lingua franca. Annual Review of Applied Linguistics, 24, 209-239.
5. Friedrich, P. (2003). English in Argentina: attitudes of MBA students. World Englishes, 22, 173-184.
6. Timmis, I. (2002). Native-speaker norms and international English: a classroom view. ELT Journal, 56, 240-249.
7. Timmis, I. (2005). Towards a framework for teaching spoken grammar. ELT Journal, 59, 117-125.
8. Timmis, I. (2012). Spoken language research and ELT: where are we now? ELT Journal, 66, 514-522.
9. Goh, C. (2009). Perspectives on spoken grammar. ELT Journal, 63, 303
10. Mumford, S. (2009). An analysis of spoken grammar: the case for production. ELT Journal, 63, 137-144.
11. Soruç, A. & Griffiths, C. (2015). Identity and the spoken grammar dilemma. System, 50, 32-42.
12. Soruç, A. (2015). Non-native teachers’ attitudes towards English as a Lingua Franca. Hacettepe Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi [Hacettepe University Journal of Education], 30(1), 239-251.
Dersin Program Çıktılarına Katkısı
|No||Program Öğrenme Çıktıları||KatkıDüzeyi|
|1||A graduate of the department possesses mastery on ELT.||X|
|2||A graduate of the department knows and comprehends the latest innovations in ELT.||X|
|3||A graduate of the department knows how to implement the gained knowledge to the language teaching classrooms.||X|
|4||A graduate of the department follows the literature and knows how to find the specific information.||X|
|5||A graduate of the department proposes new ideas on the field and conducts researches and studies on them.||X|
|6||A graduate of the department comprehends the research methods and techniques, and gets use of them in the process of research.||X|
|7||A graduate of the department possesses qualified knowledge to synthesize the theoretical and applicable knowledege of ELT||X|
|8||A graduate of the department knows and comprehends the approaches and methods of assessment and evaluation.||X|
|9||A graduate of the department synthesizes the linguistics and language acquisition with language teaching.||X|
|10||With the help of critical thinking skill, a graduate of the department is able to find the deficit issues among the literature and seeks to study on these.||X|
|11||A graduate of the department learns about the stages of data collection, data analysis, and publishing related to their field of study on scientific and ethical grounds.||X|
|12||A graduate of the department develops the skills necessary for interdisciplinary interaction and produce new and functional information by synthesizing it.||X|
|13||A graduate of the department develops a positive attitude for sustainable development, determine personal and occupational goals related to ELT, look for opportunities and use research methods and techniques necessary for further career development.||X|
|14||A graduate of the department is equipped with relevant skills to examine the native language and the foreign language in terms of grammatical, linguistic and literary perspectives and to utilize similarities and differences didactically throughout this examination.||X|
|15||A graduate of the department is able to do scientific presentations at national and international meetings.||X|
|YARIYIL İÇİ ÇALIŞMALARI||SIRA||KATKI YÜZDESİ|
|Yıliçinin Başarıya Oranı||60|
|Finalin Başarıya Oranı||40|