|INTERNATONAL RELATIONS||ULI 101||1||4 + 0||4||6|
|Ön Koşul Dersleri|
|Önerilen Seçmeli Dersler|
Dr.Öğr.Üyesi YILDIRIM TURAN
Dr.Öğr.Üyesi YILDIRIM TURAN
Doç.Dr. ALİ BALCI
|Dersin Yardımcıları||Cüneyt Doğrusözlü (Office: IIBF, C Block, 2nd Floor) and Rümeysa Eldoğan (Office: Ortadoğu Merkezi, 1st Floor)|
|Dersin Kategorisi||Alanına Uygun Temel Öğretim|
This course is a broad introduction to international relations (IR). It seeks to acquaint students with major theories and concepts including the workings of the state system, the causes of international conﬂict and violence, and international economic relations in preparation for upper level courses in the IR. This course is also designed to provide case-study analysis, both as a tool for applying the fruits of theory to the study of real-world events, and also as a tool for evaluating competing theoretical approaches.
1. To introduce students to IR as a social science discipline
2. To consider the impact of major historical events on the evolution of academic IR, including the impact of globalization
3. To use IR’s theoretical approaches to help students to examine the behavior of international actors and the nature of international systems
4. To define and discuss some of the main concepts within IR, including war, peace, terrorism, political economy, and international law
5. To provide tools to help students think critically and argue effectively
P.S. Be aware of the fact that this course is not a survey of current world events but rather a thematic exploration of major topics in international relations theory.
1. By the end of this course you should be able to know something of the history of international relations in order to understand the context of contemporary events.
2. You should also be able to identify and explain the major theoretical approaches to international relations and to outline their strengths and weaknesses.
3. You should also be able to apply different theoretical tools in order to make sense of the contemporary world issues.
4. You should develop your critical thinking skills, so that you are able to recognize the theoretical and ideological assumptions behind texts you read.
5. By the end of this course, you should develop and support your own arguments about international politics theoretically.
|Dersin Öğrenme Çıktıları||Öğretim Yöntemleri||Ölçme Yöntemleri|
|1 - undeerstanding differences between concept of international relaitons and foreign policy.||1 - 2 - 3 -||B -|
|2 - Understanding state, organization and individual as international relations actor||1 - 2 - 3 -||A - C -|
|3 - Learning the concept of international relations, foreign policy environmet of states.||1 - 2 - 3 -||A - C -|
|4 - Discussing foreign policy aims of state by example of Turkey and regional countries.||1 - 3 -||A - B - E -|
|5 - Testing foreign policy strategies by taking today’s and near term policies into consideration.||1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -||A - C -|
|6 - Understanding foreign policy tools as diplomacy, propaganda, economic means and arms.||1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -||A - B - C -|
|7 - Having main knowladge to become an expert in international relations area.||1 - 2 - 3 -||A - B - C -|
|8 - Comparatively explain internatinal organizations established with participitian of Turkey.||1 - 2 - 3 -||A - C - E -|
|9 - Explain the leading factors in the foreign policy of state||1 - 2 - 4 -||A - C - E -|
|10 - Describes the reasons of states´ basic foreign policy preferences.||1 - 2 - 3 -||A - C -|
|11 - Explains the current developments in the global politics by using basic concepts of internaitonal relations.||1 - 2 - 3 -||A - C -|
|12 - Compares diplomacy, economic relations and war as a tool of foreign policy.||1 - 2 - 10 -||A - C - E -|
|13 - Discuss major Turkish foreign political issues within the framework of International Relations concepts.||1 - 2 - 10 -||A - B - C -|
|14 - Within the framework of known concept, the political preferences of old previous periods are discussed.||1 - 2 - 3 - 10 -||A - C -|
|15 - The foreign political prefrences of neighbouring countries are discussed.||1 - 3 - 10 -||A - C -|
|Öğretim Yöntemleri:||1:Lecture 2:Question-Answer 3:Discussion 4:Drilland Practice 10:Brain Storming|
|Ölçme Yöntemleri:||B:Oral Exam A:Testing C:Homework E:Portfolio|