|Course Name||Code||Semester||T+U Hours||Credit||ECTS|
|Historiography||TRE 509||0||3 + 0||3||6|
|Recommended Optional Courses|
|Course Coordinator||Doç.Dr. AHMET ŞİMŞEK|
|Course Objective||With addressing the birth and growth of the approaches that effect the writing of history during the historical process, differentiating history writing in light of philosophies on the World will be defined. Following the improvemnet of the historiography from Ancient to Middle Ages, from rationalism to classical historisizm, and soon post modern historiography. Explaining the effects of modern historiography profession and the fact of historiography. Explaining the basic features and alternative historiography schools. Debating modern historiography in Turkiye.|
|Course Content||1) Explain the concept of “History”.
2) Describes the facts of the starting historiography.
3) Describes the apprehension in historiography.
4) Describes the historiography in Ancient.
5) Describes the historiography in Christian World of Middle Age.
6) Describes the historiography in Islam Civilization..
7) Describes the historiography in Age of Reason.
8) Describes the historiography in establishment of Ottoman
until II. Constitutional.
9) Describes the historiography and its improves between 1908-1970.
10) Describes the relation of historiography and the Post modernism.
11) Realize the problems of contemporary historiography.
12) Compraisons the effects of (political, social, cultural economic
and religious) percept in historiography.
13) Knows litterateur of historiography in Turkiye and World.
|#||Course Learning Outcomes||Teaching Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Week||Course Topics||Preliminary Preparation|
|1||Concept and emerge of history.|
|2||Historiography in Ancient: historiography in Sumer and Egypt.|
|3||Herodotos and Tukudides and historiography in Ancient Greek.|
|4||Historiography in Middle Age.|
|5||Historiography in Islam Civilization.|
|6||The effect of Islam in historiography, Nakilciler and İbni Haldun.|
|8||Historiography in Middle Age – Europe: Christian Thought and Historiography|
|9||Age of Reason and Historiography: Writing World history.|
|10||German History School and Ranke: Romantic Historiography and Nationalist conception.|
|11||From emperors history to nations history: From Ottoman to Turkish Republic Historiography: Historiography until 1908.|
|12||1908–1940 romantic historiography, 1970’s and social historiography.|
|13||1990’s and postmodern historiography.|
|14||The problems of todays historiography:from pursuit to objectivity anxiety.|
|Semester Studies||Contribution Rate|
|1. Yıl İçinin Başarıya||50|
|ECTS - Workload Activity||Quantity||Time (Hours)||Total Workload (Hours)|
|Course Duration (Including the exam week: 16x Total course hours)||16||3||48|
|Hours for off-the-classroom study (Pre-study, practice)||16||3||48|
|Performance Task (Laboratory)||1||10||10|
|Total Workload / 25 (Hours)||6.24|