Measurement and Evaluation
ARTICLE 17 – (1) Level of success at each course is determined by the grades given during the semester and the final exam grade. Contribution of the grades given during the semester to success grade cannot be less than 40% and more than 60%. The students whose grades are less than 40% become unsuccessful. Regarding class success level, statistical distribution of grades and class average, process of gaining success grades is determined by the Sakarya University Relative Evaluation Regulations. Grades and coefficient are presented in table below.
Level of Success
49 and below
Absent from final exam
- A student who gets one of the grades from AA, BA, BB, CB and CC is regarded as successful.
- The grades of DC and DD are regarded as “conditional” success.
- FF is regarded that the student fails.
ç) A student who does not attend the course gets DZ which stands for FF in grade point average.
- A student who does not attend final examination gets GR without regarding general participation. GR stands for FF in grade point average.
- MU is given the students who transfer SAU Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree programs or students who are successful in exemption exam. This grade is not calculated in grade point average.
- YT is the grade of achieved courses which do not affect grade point average.
- YZ is the grade of unachieved courses which do not affect grade point average.
Cumulative Grade Point Averages
ARTICLE 18 – (1) In the calculation of Cumulative Grade Point Average, the number of grade points obtained from each courses is multiplied with their ECTS credit values and the total sum is divided by the total ECTS credits of these courses.
(2) In the calculation of Grade Point Averages, process is expressed by rounding the values after comma. In rounding numbers, the second digit after comma is not changed if the third digit is 0-4, but it is increased if the third digit is 5-9.
(3) The last grade received by students is valid for the courses taken by them to increase their grade point averages. The courses which are not taken by students are not calculated.
(4) Internship Practice and Professional Training courses are assessed by YT/YZ grades and they are not calculated for grade point average.